Letter of resignation for personal reasons
How to write a letter of resignation due to personal reasons. Our professional resignation letter and personal resignation email samples will help you write a proper resignation letter.
A resignation letter serves as a formal written notice to your employer and should contain some basic information, regardless of the reason for leaving.
- clear resignation
- Last date of employment with the company that has met the required notice period
- Your full signature and date of letter
To leave the company amicably, your resignation letter should include a thank you note to your employer and an offer of support during the transition period.
Is it necessary to state the reason for resignation in the resignation letter?
Although you are not required to provide a reason for leaving, employees in good standing are generally expected to state their reasons for leaving briefly and leave in a courteous and professional manner. Leaving on a positive note will help you trust your employer to provide you with the information you need in the future.
It can be difficult to decide how much to owe your employer if you quit your job for personal reasons. It is also permissible to simply state, “I am resigning due to personal reasons,” without specifying details in the resignation letter. If you want to explain your resignation further, please keep it short and don’t need to go into detail. A sentence or two will suffice.
Each situation is different. How vague or specific you want your resignation letter to be for personal reasons is ultimately up to you.
What is a typical example of a voluntary resignation?
Personal reasons may include a variety of factors, including:
- stay home to care for family members, such as elderly or sick parents
- stay home to take care of children
- take a break for health reasons
- When family matters or circumstances require more time
Notification of resignation due to personal reasons
your city, state, zip code
your phone number
Your email address
Employer name and title
Company address, city, state zip code
Regrettably, I am writing this letter to inform you that I am officially resigning from my (job title) position at (company name). My last working day will be (date) including his formal two week notice period. It’s a pity to retire, but due to personal reasons, I have no choice but to retire.
I regret any inconvenience my retirement may cause to both you and the company, and I will do my best to ensure a smooth transition.
I am truly grateful for all the opportunities and valuable experiences that I have been given while working at (company name). I would also like to express my deep gratitude to all of you for your personal guidance and support.
We wish you and the company every success and thank you for your understanding in this matter.
the name you entered
If you wanted to elaborate on “personal reasons” what would you say?
If you would like to elaborate on your personal reasons for leaving, you can include a short, simple explanation such as:
- It became clear that I needed to spend more time caring for my parents
- Need to spend more time with children
- Need to focus on improving the home environment
- My current health condition makes it impossible for me to continue my current job.
- need to consider family matters
Example letter of resignation due to personal reasons
If you are sending a resignation email for personal reasons, please be sure to include your full name and the reason for the email (retired) in the subject line.
subject: resign – your full name
Dear Mr/Mrs/Ms (surname) or use the name according to the working relationship with the individual
This is my formal resignation from my position as (position) at (company name) on (date). My last working day will be (date) according to the notice period.
I am very sorry to leave the company, but I had to resign due to personal reasons beyond my control. We apologize for the inconvenience, but we will do our best to ensure a smooth transition.
I am very grateful for the opportunity given to me and for all that I have learned while working at (company name). I will miss working with you and the team, but I hope we can keep in touch.
We wish you and your company the best of luck, and thank you for your understanding.
Name and contact details
Basic resignation email for personal reasons
Important Tips for Personal Resignation Letters
- Make it clear that you are leaving for personal reasons and not because of problems or dissatisfaction with the company, management, or your job.
- Express gratitude for the valuable experience gained and keep it positive
- Proofread your resignation letter carefully. If you make a mistake, you will come across as inconsiderate and unprofessional.
- Hand over the resignation letter in person or follow up to make sure the resignation email was received
Resignation letters and emails for every situation
how to quit successfully
Go through the retirement checklist and make sure everything is in order before you leave the company.
Before you leave, don’t forget to take the time to send your co-workers a goodbye message.
to the top of the page